DECLARED SNOW EMERGENCIES
Effective: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 11:00 pm until Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 10:00 am. Click on the press release image to view
In anticipation of predicted severe weather, which includes the potential for heavy snowfall, the Mayor of Malvern may declare a SNOW EMERGENCY for a specific time period.
Snow Emergency Declarations facilitate the movement of traffic and combats the hazards of excessive snow and ice on the highways within the Borough. While a snow emergency is in effect, it is unlawful for any person to park a motor vehicle or to allow the same to remain parked on any portion of the highways listed below. In addition, it is unlawful to operate any motor vehicle or tractor on any of the below listed highways, unless such vehicle or tractor is equipped with adequate equipment to provide sufficient traction to stay in motion so that other traffic will not be blocked or seriously impeded.
IDENTIFIED SNOW EMERGENCY HIGHWAYS
- BRIDGE ST – From King Street to Old Lincoln Highway
- KING ST – From the eastern Borough line to the Western Borough line
- MONUMENT AVE – From Sugartown Road to Warren Avenue
- OLD LINCOLN HIGHWAY – From the eastern Borough line to the Western Borough line
- SUGARTOWN RD – From the southern Borough line to King Street
- WARREN AVE – From Paoli Pike to the northern Borough line