Up & Coming Events located in Malvern Borough ~ Hope To See You There!
Please reach out to the Borough if you are interested in Volunteering for any of the up and coming Events at email@example.com or (610) 644-2602.
- Farmers Market: Every Saturday located at Burke Park from 9AM to 1PM https://www.growingrootspartners.com/malvern
- Porchfest: October 1, 2022 at 3PM located in Burke Park https://www.facebook.com/MalvernPorchFest/
- Porchfest: October 2, 2022 at 3PM (RAIN DATE) located in Burke Park https://www.facebook.com/MalvernPorchFest/
- Malvern Library Book Sale: October 7, 2022 and October 8, 2022 located at Borough Hall in the Side Lawn from 10AM to 4PM https://ccls.libcal.com/event/9710679
- Walking Tour of the Paoli Battlefield: October 8, 2022 from 1:30PM to 3:30PM and will start at the Malvern Arts Building – https://pbpfinc.org/walking-tour/
- Movie Night with Parks & Recreation: October 15, 2022 located at Burke Park at 7PM featuring The Greatest Showman
- Thursday Night Stroll: October 20, 2022 hosting Fall Sale by the MBPA https://www.malvernbusiness.com/
- Fall Paranormal Tour: October 22, 2022 located at the Paoli Battlefield from 7PM to 11PM – https://pbpfinc.org/tour/
- Halloween Festivities with Parks & Recreation: DATE & TIME TBD
- Walking Tour of the Paoli Battlefield: November 6, 2022 from 1:30PM to 3:30PM and will start at the Malvern Arts Building - https://pbpfinc.org/walking-tour/
- Thursday Night Stroll: November 17, 2022 hosting Gratitude by the MBPA https://www.malvernbusiness.com/
- Christmas on King: November 26, 2022 hosted by the MBPA from 12PM to 4PM https://www.malvernbusiness.com/
- Tree Lighting: November 26, 2022 hosted by the MBPA from 4PM to Dark located at Burke Park - https://www.malvernbusiness.com/
- Thursday Night Stroll: December 15, 2022 hosting Christmas by the MBPA https://www.malvernbusiness.com/
- Wreaths Across America: December 17, 2022 located at the Paoli Battlefield at 11AM - https://pbpfinc.org/wreaths-across-america/
Here are the key messages for our region regarding potential impacts of Tropical Storm Ian.
1. There is potential for heavy rain in northern Delmarva and southern New Jersey. Periods of rain will develop Friday evening and will continue through Tuesday (not all due to the impacts of Ian). The main period of concern with the heavy rain threat is Friday night through Saturday. Rain amounts of 1 to as much as 4 inches are possible along and south of the Interstate 95 corridor Friday night through Tuesday, with 1 to 2 inches of that falling Friday night through Saturday. North and west of the Interstate 95 corridor, rain amounts are expected to be generally up to one inch.
2. There is an increasing risk for minor tidal flooding along the Atlantic coast and Delaware Bay starting on Saturday, but the peak will occur Sunday through Monday. The details on this remain uncertain.
3. East winds will increase to 20 to 25 mph with 30 to 40 mph gusts, mainly along the New Jersey and Delaware coasts, on Sunday. These winds are short of Wind Advisory criteria.
4. Gale force northeast wind gusts will develop from Sunday through Monday.
For the latest forecast please visit www.weather.gov/phi. This will be the final briefing for this event unless there are any significant changes.
Borough Council welcomed Lynne D. Frederick as the newest member to Council last evening, 9/20/2022, at their regular scheduled meeting. The Honorable District Justice Mackenzie W. Smith administered Council Member Frederick’s Oath of Office.
To: Malvern Borough Residents
The Shade Tree commission will continue its partnership with The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society to participate in The Pennsylvania Department of Conservation & Natural Resources TreeVitalize Program. This program makes high quality, bare root, ready to plant shade trees available for a nominal fee. This partnership along with the participation of Malvern residents and the Borough covering the cost, has made it possible for over 300 trees to be planted throughout the Borough.
- Most trees are 1.5″ caliper and 8-12ft tall
If you are a borough resident interested in a tree for your property this Fall, please email the STC at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will have small, medium and large trees available. With your email request, please submit your home address as well as phone number. This offer is a first come, first serve basis, so please contact us before September 6th. Tree orders, size and species selection, instructions for planting, and delivery dates are communicated to interested residents via email. We owe a special thanks to our Public Works Department for the pick-up in Philadelphia and delivering these trees to our residents on November 16th. Together we are continuing to keep Malvern green and providing lovely streetscapes.
The Borough Manager presented the following Mid-Year Budget Analysis for Year 2022 at the August 16, 2022 Borough Council Meeting.
Mid-Year Analysis for Year 2022
Please click on the following link to access the Summer 2022 Newsletter:
Summer 2022 Newsletter
Jamie Grossman has resigned from Borough Council. Malvern Borough thanks her for her commitment to the Borough and dedicated service over the years. Pursuant to the Malvern Borough Home Rule Charter, the vacancy will be advertised, and Borough Council will accept nominations on August 2, 2022 and make an appointment on August 16, 2022. The individual will complete a term that expires on January 1, 2024.
The Parks & Recreation Committee has 2 vacancies with terms expiring January 1, 2024 and January 1, 2027.
The Uniform Construction Board of Appeals has 2 vacancies that has 5 year terms associated with each position.
Please consider volunteering in your community and reach out to Malvern Borough at Malvern@malvern.org if you are interested in applying for any of the vacancy opportunities.
Mayor Uzman and Chief Marcelli introduced Part-Time Officer Erik Dresden at the July 19th, 2022 Borough Council Meeting. Welcome to Malvern Officer Dresden!
Please click on the following link for a PRESS RELEASE regarding this matter:
Press Release- Administrative Review
The Malvern Police Department Administration has changed to summer hours effective immediately
Monday – Thursday: 8:00AM- 5:00PM
The office will be closed for lunch from 12:30PM-1:30PM Monday- Friday
The Randolph Woods Master Plan, adopted in 2020, seeks to preserve and restore the 38-acre Randolph Woods Nature Preserve. The Borough has obtained grant funding for multiple components of the plan, which include forestry management, ADA accessibility, and public amenities. Phase 1 improvements will be implemented over the next few years.
Randolph Woods Master Plan Overview
Please click on the following document to review Comprehensive Plan Update 2022:
Comprehensive Plan Update 2022
Please submit your comments to email@example.com by Tuesday, September 13, 2022.